Old 27-07-2004, 10:02 PM
Kenni Judd

Default Question about vanilla!

Well, that sounds like good light for now, but what are you going to do with
it when it starts really growing? My first grew about 30' [yes, that's
feet not inches -- about 10 metres if you're on metric] in one season; of
course, the first major cold snap "solved" that problem for me :(
--
Kenni Judd
Juno Beach Orchids

"Claude" wrote in message
Thanks Kenni!

I live in Montreal sol I will have to grow it indoor!
What are the best condition?
I grow under fluorescent but I was thinking to suspend my Vanilla beside

my
Hoya Bella, in front of my South window!

Claude

"Kenni Judd" wrote in message
| It doesn't really need medium -- just something to climb. If you are in

| tropical climate, just tie it to the base of a tree. Otherwise, make a
| good-size trellis [largest that you can move in to protect for winter],
and
| try to train it to grow around rather than straight up -- planifolia

grows
| FAST once it gets started!
|
| V. pompona is slower growing, but more cold-tolerant -- ours [growing up

| pine tree] was set back, but not killed, by a couple of near-freezes

last
| winter. V. planifolia will not tolerate that much cold.
| --
| Kenni Judd
| Juno Beach Orchids
| http://www.jborchids.com
|
| "Claude" wrote in message
| Hello everyone!
|
| I have a piece ( stem ) of Vanilla Plenifolia rooting in water and I

was