Old 28-07-2004, 05:13 AM
KD

Default Identity crisis

Thanks Cat!

It is attractive, I think I'll keep it. Does it grow large?

KD

"Cat" wrote in message
In article ,
KD wrote:
So now we know it's not what we thought - it has purple and yellow

flowers.
Can someone please help us identify this?

http://www3.ns.sympatico.ca/kimberlyyoung/plants.html

Heh. That's almost certainly Bittersweet - Solanum Dulcamera:

http://members.shaw.ca/diphoto/EuroBittersweet.jpg

A lot of people [incorrectly] refer to it as 'Deadly Nightshade'. It -is-
somewhat poisonous, and opinions on whether it's a weed or not tend to
vary ;

Personally I like the flowers (and the red berries later on), so I have
a small patch of it in my garden.

cheers!
avoid getting wet. This is the defining metaphor of my life right now."