Old 28-07-2004, 09:05 PM
Pam Moore

Default Badger intruders?

On our allotment site, many rows of carrots haave been destroyed by
what some are saying is a badger. Young carrots pulled and eaten and
the tops left lying. The general opinion is that it must be a badger
because if it was rabbits they would also have gone for lettuces.
Nothing else - so far - is touched.
There is known to be a sett about a mile away but we have never had a
problem before. The plots affected, mine included, are at the top end
of the site, next to fields.

Question 1 : what else are badgers likely to go for? Some are worried
about sweet corn.
Question 2 : Any idea how we can keep the robbers out, short of
sitting up there all night with a gun? JOKE

Pam in Bristol