Old 22-07-2004, 03:05 PM
Andrew Ostrander

Default Relocating Hemerocallis

When I researched this about 2 years ago, the only rule I found was to make
sure they had 6 weeks to settle in before the end-of-season frost.

Andrew

"Bob S." wrote in message
om...
Blues Ma wrote in message

Has any one here ever thinned / moved their day lilies at this time of
year ?

The lily sites tell all about spring and fall bare root planting, but
haven't found any info on when not to move 'em.

Ma
Zone 5

You really have to try hard to kill them so I'd say move them when
it's convenient for you.

I found some deep in a thick woods by a bulldozed old home site. They
were growing in about 1/2" of very dry soil over a pile of chimney
bricks. Judging by surrounding tree size, they probably haven't seen
direct sun, nor bloomed, in 25 years. Transplanted to my garden they
are growing & blooming beautifully! That taught me how hardy they can
be.

Bob S.
Zone 7