Old 29-07-2004, 04:39 PM
simy1

Default Are you a Good Bug or a Bad Bug? and another "what the hell *AM* I growing?"

DigitalVinyl wrote in message . ..
Have a plant growing which I thought was coriander (first time trying,
but now I think it is just a weed). Found little larvae living inside
the leaves. Are these good guys or bad? Found a lacey-winged thing
on the bottom of a leaf but killed it beyond recognition.

The larvae...
http://photos.yahoo.com/ph/royalfraz...&.dnm=344f.jpg

The Weed? Herb?
http://photos.yahoo.com/ph/royalfraz...&.dnm=b265.jpg
Dill, Parsley, Oregano and a Thunberbia vine in backgrounds.

DiGiTAL ViNYL (no email)
2nd year gardener
http://members.aol.com/DigitalVinyl66/Garden2004.html

it is definitely lamb quarters, a.k.a. lamb dock or chenopodium album
(album=white, due to the whitish colour of new leaves). since I see
you have a few, it is edible as a potherb (cook the leaves as you
would chard), very nutritious but not the tastiest green veg. If you
let it go to seed, next year you will have enough lamb quarters to
feed the whole family for the summer.