Old 02-02-2003, 01:53 AM
Charles

Default two ponds together?

On 1 Feb 2003 16:41:17 -0800, (Sue Walsh) wrote:

Last month we finished putting in my pond and waterfall and stream.
Now my husband who didn't even want a pond at all is wanting to put in
a second one.

My question is:

Is it possible to put a second waterfall off the same head pool into a
smaller pond and then connect by hoses and pump the two ponds
together. This would mean the two ponds use the same water. The
sequence would be water pumped from the big pond up to the head pool
which would flow over on two sides one down the water fall to the
stream and fall back into the big pond and the second down a waterfall
into the small pond. The small pond would then have a pump which
pumped water into the big pond. Could this work or would there be
overflow issues?

Any thoughts or ideas on this idea.

Sue W

Could be tricky getting a good balanced and then maintaining it. The
same amount of water that goes into each pond has to come out of it
again.

While you are watching the ponds they will behave, then when you turn
your back...

Could you work in additional pumps controlled by water level, such
that if one or the other pond begins to get too full a secondary pump
would kick in and keep the water from overflowing?
_

- Charles
-
-does not play well with others