Old 22-07-2004, 07:30 PM
Michael Persiano

Default [IBC] black pines

Jeff:

Again, the this is only part of what I view as a comprehensive procedure. For example, Scots are extremely forgiving and often grow as a remarkable rate. Blacks, while forgiving, can be irrevocably damaged through excessive candle removal if the tree is not vigorous.

The vigor of the tree should always be used as a guideline before subjecting the specimen to any procedure. For example, I just styled an 900-1,000 year old Douglas Fir. The branch reduction process was initiated in March with the goal of allowing sap to gradually withdraw over a period of several months (to ensure the continued health of the upper portion of the tree. The initial styling was completed only 2 weeks ago.

Cordially,

Michael Persiano
members.aol.com/iasnob

In a message dated 7/22/2004 9:32:40 AM Eastern Daylight Time, "Isom, Jeff (EM, PTL)" writes:

Will this work on other 2-needle pines as well? Specifically: Mugho, Scotts and Bosnian.

Jeff Isom
Cleveland, OH / Sunset Zone 39