Old 26-07-2004, 02:50 PM
Lostin1999

Default Large Preformed Ponds

"Tim" wrote in message
om...
Hi.

We've recently moved into a new house, which has a pond in the front
garden, complete with installed pump/filter. It looks like it's been
done with standard pond liner and has at some stage been damaged and
now leaks. We're relatively inexperienced when it comes to ponds, but
would like to get the pond replaced with a large preformed pond liner.

I've had a little browse around the internet but have struggled to
find one large enough. The space we have is around 350cm by 300cm, and
about 100cm deep (at deepest part).

I'd be grateful if someone could advise where we could get something
around this size. Also...are there any other major points we need to
consider?

Many thanks in advance of any help!

Regards,

Tim.

preformed are VERY hard to get right (much harder than a "flexible") and
mine was only a 50 gallon....

and they do get fragile with age.. (they are fragile anyway!!!)

IMHO you would be far better buying a butyl (or firestone) liner and (after
checking for whatever caused the leak in the old one and rectifying) laying
it over the original pond (make sure you buy one big enough)..

(of course you will need to pump out the old water, store the fish for a
few days etc.. but IMHO it will be worth doing!)

HTH

Lost