Old 26-07-2004, 06:05 PM
soup

Default Roses in Scotland

Chris Stewart popped their head over the parapet saw what was going on
and said
"Kate Morgan" wrote in message
.. .
A friend of mine has moved from the Cotswolds to a place in Scotland
called Ballater, I spoke to her this morning and she says that she
is not going to garden, just pick up the stones and mow the lot as
when it is needed, but, she would like a rose to grow over the
barn/garage,did I know, she said with horror that they cost about
$10 per. plant:-) if she is so poor I thought that I might send her
one for her birthday coming up soon, can anyone recommend one that
would grow in that part of the world.

kate

Hi Kate - any that are grown at the nursery linked below - which is in
Aberdeen - 30ish miles from Ballater. Just nice for the Q at
Balmoral. Q manages to grow quite a nice garden at Balmoral - the
roses are a treat.

http://www.roses.uk.com/index2.cfm

average price £ 5 to 6.

Chris S

Sorry to piggy back but I seem to have a memory of
palm trees growing in Scotland does anyone have a
link for where these are grown ?

--
yours S