Old 25-07-2004, 05:03 PM
Kate Morgan

Default Roses in Scotland

A friend of mine has moved from the Cotswolds to a place in Scotland
called Ballater, I spoke to her this morning and she says that she is
not going to garden, just pick up the stones and mow the lot as when it
is needed, but, she would like a rose to grow over the barn/garage,did I
know, she said with horror that they cost about $10 per. plant:-) if she
is so poor I thought that I might send her one for her birthday coming
up soon, can anyone recommend one that would grow in that part of the
world.

kate
Old 25-07-2004, 10:04 PM
Chris Stewart

"Kate Morgan" wrote in message
.. .
A friend of mine has moved from the Cotswolds to a place in Scotland
called Ballater, I spoke to her this morning and she says that she is
not going to garden, just pick up the stones and mow the lot as when it
is needed, but, she would like a rose to grow over the barn/garage,did I
know, she said with horror that they cost about $10 per. plant:-) if she
is so poor I thought that I might send her one for her birthday coming
up soon, can anyone recommend one that would grow in that part of the
world.

kate

Hi Kate - any that are grown at the nursery linked below - which is in
Aberdeen - 30ish miles from Ballater. Just nice for the Q at Balmoral. Q
manages to grow quite a nice garden at Balmoral - the roses are a treat.

http://www.roses.uk.com/index2.cfm

average price £ 5 to 6.

Chris S

Old 26-07-2004, 09:04 AM
Kate Morgan

snip
Hi Kate - any that are grown at the nursery linked below - which is in
Aberdeen - 30ish miles from Ballater. Just nice for the Q at Balmoral. Q
manages to grow quite a nice garden at Balmoral - the roses are a treat.

http://www.roses.uk.com/index2.cfm

average price £ 5 to 6.

Chris S

Many thanks for that info. Chris, just what is needed, I will contact
them for a brochure right away :-)

cheers

kate
Old 26-07-2004, 06:05 PM
soup

Chris Stewart popped their head over the parapet saw what was going on
and said
[...]

Sorry to piggy back but I seem to have a memory of
palm trees growing in Scotland does anyone have a
link for where these are grown ?

--
yours S

Old 27-07-2004, 02:02 AM