Old 26-07-2004, 08:16 AM
Shirl

Default Greenhouse glass?

"David Hill" wrote in message
Have you thought of using either twin walled or triple walled poly carb?
It has a built in strength and a lot less weight than glass so requires a
lot fewer glazing bars, It will give you very good insulation, and is
unbreakable under most circumstances.
Whilst the initial cost is more than glass the extra is soon recovered by
the saving in heating costs.

--
David Hill
Abacus nurseries

Thanks David

I did look at the polycarbonate option but wasnt impressed with the look of
it, maybe there is different grades but the one I saw was very cheap
looking. Another thought, my greenhouse site will only be in the sun from
about 1pm onwards, and im not sure that polycarb would let as much light
through?