Old 29-07-2004, 11:44 AM
Andrew G

Default Aphids and Ants

"neon_bikini" wrote in message
om...
I'm having an Aphid infestation. There are a lot of ants around the
area, too. My Aphid treatments have not been fully successful. Do I
need to treat both at once? . Or anothwr question is are the ants
reinfecting my plant with aphids?

Any systemic pesticide that is designed for killing aphids will do it. That
should definitely get them, with probably only 2 applications at rates/times
indicated on instructions.
You can blast them off with a hose, but be sure that you do it well away
from where your bonsai is, and try avoid blasting them onto the soil, or
they will just crawl back onto bonsai.
Any organic sprays, such as pyrethrum, but be sure to try spray all the
aphids, and follow up sprays will probably be needed.
Just be sure to follow the directions as indicated on specific chemical
purchased.

Good luck