Old 29-07-2004, 08:25 PM
Cindy

Default Chaste Tree (vitex agnus-castus)

Yes! I just wish I had property! I have a big back yard, but I'm just too
limited on space to have all the plants I want.....

Cindy

escapee wrote:
The blue you are talking about is probably 'Carolina Blue.' I have
that one. It is just beautiful.

Thu, 29 Jul 2004 17:30:31 GMT, "Cindy"
opined:

I'm in Spring, just north of Houston, and I have a vitex that I
love. Got it about 3 years ago and it has made a beautiful, flowing
shrub probably 15' tall and that across. I hadn't trimmed it much,
but I had to this year because the rain was dragging the branches to
the ground. It has medium lavender flowers. Now at a nursery
nearby there are a bunch of them that have blue flowers, kind of a
silvery steely blue. How many different flower colors are there?

Also I have another vitex species that I got at Lowe's this spring
called Vitex trifolia v. Purpurea, or Arabian vitex. Have no idea
if that name is right, no one at Lowe's knew, of course, and I
couldn't find much on it on the internet. It's really pretty, has
velvety looking 2-3" leaves, medium green with sort of an olivey
tint, with lavender on the undersides and lavender veins. It looks
silvery-purple from a distance. It's flower spikes are less dense
than the chaste tree, with larger flowers in a sky blue with a touch
of lavender. It is the coolest shrub! According to what I found
online, is is an openly branched, somewhat spreading shrub, probably
growing 6-8' tall. From east and southeast Asia and Australia,
probably hardy to 20 degrees. I hope it's more hardy than that.

Cindy

Need a good, cheap, knowledge expanding present for yourself or a
friend? http://www.animaux.net/stern/present.html