Old 27-07-2004, 12:33 PM
William Wagner

Default Hedge recommendations

William Brown ) wrote...
We live in a city in Zone 5/6. We have a privet hedge around our front
yard, which looks nice and has survived, but over the years it has
gradually grown higher and wider, to the point that it has to be
severely cut back; I'm wondering if it will survive this and considering
just removing it and putting in another.

While the privet is nice, it grows rapidly and requires frequent
trimming. We want a hedge that is about eighteen inches or two feet
high, and perhaps eighteen inches thick. What types of hedge would look
good trimmed to that size, and perhaps not grow as rapidly as the privet?

I like Japanese Holly. Birds like it too.

William(Bill)

--
Zone 5 S Jersey USA Shade Earth sometimes.
There is atleast one word misspelled deliberately in the above post. )