Old 29-07-2004, 06:06 PM
Kate ......

Default mango from seeds ???????

simy1 wrote:

"Kate ......" wrote in message ...
Has any of you tried this? Any success ?

germination is poor. Eventually I got some luck, two seeds sprouted in
a warm but not hot compost pile. One had narrow leaves and one had
very large leaves. They now share a pot and make a nice looking
houseplant. If you try, put them in a place where they are moist,
dark, and at a temperature exceeding 80F.

Dark? Here I was ready to stick them in water and set them in a window. Thanks. Guess I'd have
ruined them and never known why. I have three seeds . I love seeing things start from seeds.
Though I can't be in the sun ( skin problems ) a lot anymore. Hugs , kate