Old 29-07-2004, 11:42 AM
Kate ......

Default mango from seeds ???????

Has any of you tried this? Any success ?

Old 29-07-2004, 03:43 PM
simy1

"Kate ......" wrote in message ...
Has any of you tried this? Any success ?

germination is poor. Eventually I got some luck, two seeds sprouted in
a warm but not hot compost pile. One had narrow leaves and one had
very large leaves. They now share a pot and make a nice looking
houseplant. If you try, put them in a place where they are moist,
dark, and at a temperature exceeding 80F.
Old 29-07-2004, 06:06 PM
Kate ......

simy1 wrote:

"Kate ......" wrote in message ...
Has any of you tried this? Any success ?

germination is poor. Eventually I got some luck, two seeds sprouted in
a warm but not hot compost pile. One had narrow leaves and one had
very large leaves. They now share a pot and make a nice looking
houseplant. If you try, put them in a place where they are moist,
dark, and at a temperature exceeding 80F.

Dark? Here I was ready to stick them in water and set them in a window. Thanks. Guess I'd have
ruined them and never known why. I have three seeds . I love seeing things start from seeds.
Though I can't be in the sun ( skin problems ) a lot anymore. Hugs , kate

Old 29-07-2004, 07:00 PM
how

"Kate ......" wrote in message

simy1 wrote:

"Kate ......" wrote in message

Has any of you tried this? Any success ?

Eventually I got some luck, two seeds sprouted in
a warm but not hot compost pile. One had narrow leaves and one had
very large leaves. They now share a pot and make a nice looking
houseplant. If you try, put them in a place where they are moist,
dark, and at a temperature exceeding 80F.

Dark? Here I was ready to stick them in water and set them in a window.

Thanks. Guess I'd have
ruined them and never known why. I have three seeds . I love seeing things

start from seeds.
Though I can't be in the sun ( skin problems ) a lot anymore. Hugs , kate

Hi,
Not in water, use a good potting soil and lay the seed on its side and cover
with soil the same thickness as the seed. Full sun works IF you don't let it
dry out, semi-shade is fine. Some will be monoembryonic (only one sprout
emerges) and are the result of cross pollination, no telling what it will be
but may be the next great one. Others will have multiple sprouts
(polyembryonic) these should be true to species, after a while keep the
strongest sprout. At any rate you'll have to wait six to ten years to pass
the juvenile stage to get fruit, unless you graft them.
HTH -_- how
no NEWS is good

Old 30-07-2004, 01:59 AM
Kate ......

how wrote:

"Kate ......" wrote in message

simy1 wrote:

"Kate ......" wrote in message

[...]

I'll do that. May not be around to enjoy the results. Maybe someone after me
will though. I'll try putting them in a bucket of top soil on the back porch.
We have very mild winters here. Thank you so much for the tips.

Mango Seeds glenon Gardening 1 10-09-2006 03:21 AM
Growing mango tree ........ Kate ...... Gardening 0 15-08-2003 10:22 AM
Mango @ttilla the pun United Kingdom 6 09-05-2003 10:32 PM
[IBC] mango Billy M. Rhodes Bonsai 4 01-04-2003 03:56 AM
mango RiNg MaStEr Bonsai 0 27-03-2003 06:20 AM