Old 29-07-2004, 07:04 PM
NOOK

Default Question about vanilla!

Pampano is slower? could have fooled me.
I am a docent at the atlanta botanical gardens where they have several
pleni. I have a pompano at home and it has grown at least twice as
fast as the pleni.
There is a lot of good info from the comercial grower in Hawai, Doctor
Young? (cant remember his name) I have the info at home.I will try to
remember to get it when I get a chance.
Vanilla grow both ways terest. and not. Everything I read said plant
it in medium. (I have seen them growing in dirt,soilless mix,bark,
etc...mine at home is in bark and soiless mix with lots of perlite and
it has a root ball about 8 inches in diameter.)
I planted mine in a huge pot and tied two sections of tree fern pole
together for it to climb witch it did in the first year. Then I
started to loop it over and over and over... (supossed to make it
bloom more) I got my piece at 18 inches three years ago it is now over
28 feet long.

NOOK

Hello everyone!

I have a piece ( stem ) of Vanilla Plenifolia rooting in water and I was
wondering what kind of media to use?
Anyone tried the S/H?
Any Vanilla growers out there?

thanks