Old 29-07-2004, 09:53 PM
Dave and Miss

Default Freezing my Zucchini...

how about canning the zucchini...they are very good pickled the same way you
do pickles...or making a zucchini veggie relish? That is what I'm going to
try with my bumper crop this year. Melissa
"Kirsty" wrote in message news:4108c387@tyson...
I personally found zucchini by itself isn't a good freezing vegetable. It
comes out all soggy and tastless when thawed. In the past, when I have had
an abundance of zucchini's I have tried various methods of 'cooking'

things
up with zucchini, to freeze.
I have tried
1. Zucchini 'broth' for soup basis (reasonable successful)
2. Various forms of zucchini slices/pies

The best result I have had so far was a tomato/zucchini pie.

similar to this site (though I used a dough base and then layered the
zucchini and tomato on top, then the egg/milk/cheese filler)

http://sidedish.allrecipes.com/az/ZcchiniTmtPi.asp

Any other ideas for freezing zucchini's ?

"Brigitte J." wrote in message
I have zucchini coming out my ears! I'd like to freeze it, but not sure

how
to do this. Do I simply cut it up and freeze it? Or do I need to boil
first? I'll be storing in freezer bags in the freezer, if that makes

any
difference.

All help/advice is appreciated.

Thanks,