Old 30-07-2004, 05:47 AM
Go Fig

Default lily "Elizabeth" experiences?

In article ACaOc.179532$%_6.171492@attbi_s01, Mike Miller
wrote:

So far this hardy lily has been a dud in the bloom department. It's been in
the pond 2 years, great leaf form and color, one bloom. One.

This is the case for many hardy lilies and you can't compare them to
tropicals which are very prolific bloomers: from year one.

I don't know this one you mention, but if you can't grow tropicals but
want to try something else; have a look at Gloriosa, Joey Tomacik,
Gonnere and Denver. But then again, hardy lilies in their first year
are poor flower's and after that they just outgrow their pots.

Good luck!

jay
Thu Jul 29, 2004

It's kept appropriately fertilized and in warmer water (not hot - this is
Chicago). Anyone have this one? I'm ready to trade it if it doesn't pick
up the blooming!