Old 29-07-2004, 06:38 PM
Mike Miller

Default lily "Elizabeth" experiences?

So far this hardy lily has been a dud in the bloom department. It's been in
the pond 2 years, great leaf form and color, one bloom. One.

It's kept appropriately fertilized and in warmer water (not hot - this is
Chicago). Anyone have this one? I'm ready to trade it if it doesn't pick
up the blooming!

Old 30-07-2004, 05:47 AM
Go Fig

In article ACaOc.179532$%_6.171492@attbi_s01, Mike Miller
wrote:

So far this hardy lily has been a dud in the bloom department. It's been in
the pond 2 years, great leaf form and color, one bloom. One.

This is the case for many hardy lilies and you can't compare them to
tropicals which are very prolific bloomers: from year one.

I don't know this one you mention, but if you can't grow tropicals but
want to try something else; have a look at Gloriosa, Joey Tomacik,
Gonnere and Denver. But then again, hardy lilies in their first year
are poor flower's and after that they just outgrow their pots.

Good luck!

jay
Thu Jul 29, 2004

Old 30-07-2004, 06:11 AM
Newbie Bill

I dont know their name, but I got 2 yellow hardies off ebay and they have
done very well. They have small pads(not tiny), slightly ruffled on the
edges and very prolific very yellow blooms. The tubers werent much bigger
than a brazil nut. I am in area 8b so they have a little more time to take
hold.
Bill

Old 30-07-2004, 01:23 PM
Go Fig

In article , Newbie Bill
wrote:

I dont know their name, but I got 2 yellow hardies off ebay and they have
done very well. They have small pads(not tiny), slightly ruffled on the
edges and very prolific very yellow blooms.

This could be Joey Tomacik.

jay
Fri Jul 30, 2004

Old 30-07-2004, 06:46 PM
Newbie Bill

If so I would definitely recommend this plant. The coverage is not
extensive, but that just leaves room for another and lotsa blooms.
Thanxx

..

This could be Joey Tomacik.