Old 31-07-2004, 10:51 AM
Sacha

Default Wisteria flowering again

On 31/7/04 10:14, in article , "David W.E.
Roberts" wrote:

Hi,

in my usual "never do it at the right time" style of gardening I have just
pruned the Wisteria where it grows along the balcony, because the balcony
was disappearing under new growth.

I also gave the Wisteria a big drink a few days back because of the hot
weather.

It is now putting out new growth along the balcony, including flowers.

These are not the large blooms you get in spring, but nevertheless they are
genuine flowers.

Is this common, or is the poor plant as confused as I am?

They quite often have a second, sparse flush of slightly weedier looking
flowers. Some people prune Wisteria in late summer and again in
December/January, I believe. Ours gets done in winter, whenever anyone has
time to do it and seems to be happy about that.
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk