Old 27-07-2004, 07:34 AM
Karen

Default Questions about growing bulbs in containers.

(Reneeshay) wrote in message . com...
I live near Boston in Zone 6. Currently I am growing some vegetables
and herbs in my containers. When they are done for the summer, I want
to replace the soil and plant bulbs.

I don't think you need to replace the soil. I just use the leftover
soil to plant bulbs. They all seem to grow fine. I have to stake
hyacinths.

Will the bulbs grow in the spring? My containers are made of plastic
and they are big. I have the option of storing them in the basement.

I don't know. I put them in my insulated garage in zone 5. I bring
them inside the house once they sprout break the soil. They flower
beautifully inside during winter. I have some planted in the ground
for the spring.