Old 31-07-2004, 04:18 PM
Craig Brye

Default Lotus bulb question

The new one came from the same spot on the bulb I had.

--
Craig Brye
University of Phoenix Online

"Andrey Tarasevich" wrote in message
Craig Brye wrote:
I ordered the Green variety...

When I received my order, I actually received a huge bulb that had 4

leaves
sticking out. I saw roots coming out of the top of the bulb, so I

pulled
the plant out. I then took and planted the Lotus into the gravel. I

also
planted the bulb in the gravel (just so about 1/2" of the bulb could be
seen.

You mean you actually _detached_ the plant from the bulb? Interesting.
That's, BTW, another question I wanted to ask about whether it is safe
to detach a young lotus plant from its bulb (assuming that the plant
already has its own roots).

The Lotus is doing fine and the bulb has sprouted again!

Does this new sprout come from the same spot on the bulb or from a
different spot?

--
Best regards,
Andrey Tarasevich