Old 31-07-2004, 05:38 PM
Mike Lyle

Default Japanese Maple

"Ben Blackmore" wrote in message ...
Hi,

When we moved into our house there was a Japanese Maple left in a pot in the
garden, however the leaves have all gone curly and crispy, I think its been
left in direct sun light. Is there any hope for it? What should I do? Prune
it, or just leave it in the shade somewhere?

Any help much appreciated

I'd drop it in a big container of water till it's completely soaked
through, and see what happens: there may be some surviving leaf-buds.
Not your fault if it's dead, though. You might gently nick the bark
near the bottom of a lower branch to see if the layer underneath seems
to have any life in it.

Mike.