Old 31-07-2004, 11:00 PM
Frank Logullo

Default Dying Tree?

"Dan" wrote in message
om...
Several weeks ago I used Preen to weed my beds before mulching.
Unfortunately I used too much around my 3 year old flowering cherry
tree. Within a few weeks every leaf turned brown and dropped off.
Now it is August 1st in PA and my tree has no leaves. However, it
does have what appear to be small buds. The branches are healthy and
we've had lots of rain. Will this tree survive to next spring without
a single leaf? If not, is there a way to 'trigger' its buds to
produce leafs?

Did the Preen do it or a fungus? My cherry dropped its leaves as did 2 of
neighbors trees across street.
I've seen this happen before. Figure very wet season conducive to fungus.
It will probably survive, but I intend to cut mine down since I don't like
finicky trees

Frank