Old 31-07-2004, 11:09 PM
Michael Lyons

Default Help! -- Harbor Freight drip irrigation kit

"Veeduber" wrote in message
The only fitting in the kit that matches the threads of a standard hose

bib
appears to be some sort of anti-syphon valve. Screw things together,

apply
pressure and the adapter (?) leaks like crazy.

What am I doing wrong?

HF is no help... 'Send it back.' Good advice but it's here and the

emitters
work and tubing is tubing and the plants don't care, so long as they get a
drink now & then.

Any help would be warmly appreciated.

-R.S.Hoover
-Vista, California

I assume you have checked to make sure there is a washer on the hose bib end
of the thing. Shaking it and or shocking it with sudden changes in water
pressuse may knock an internal part into place. Failing that, I would check
my local hardware store. Around here Lowes and Home Depot sell parts for
drip irrigation. Even one of Walmarts around here stocks a few parts.
Tearing it out and sending it back sound like more trouble than it is worth.
I must have about 40 drip units running in 2 lines off of a sprinkler system
timer and valves, and I love it. The only problem I have is the squirrells
who will chew throug tubing from time to time.