Old 31-07-2004, 10:36 PM
Veeduber

Default Help! -- Harbor Freight drip irrigation kit

The only fitting in the kit that matches the threads of a standard hose bib
appears to be some sort of anti-syphon valve. Screw things together, apply
pressure and the adapter (?) leaks like crazy.

What am I doing wrong?

HF is no help... 'Send it back.' Good advice but it's here and the emitters
work and tubing is tubing and the plants don't care, so long as they get a
drink now & then.

Any help would be warmly appreciated.

-R.S.Hoover
-Vista, California
Old 31-07-2004, 10:55 PM
Cereus-validus

What you are doing wrong is that you are whining about it in a gardening
newsgroup.

Are you expecting Al the handyman to write you back via this group?

Go to Home Depot and tell them your sob story or, better yet, contact the
manufacturer about your predicament. We can't fix it from here.

Old 31-07-2004, 11:09 PM
Michael Lyons

"Veeduber" wrote in message
The only fitting in the kit that matches the threads of a standard hose

bib
appears to be some sort of anti-syphon valve. Screw things together,

apply
pressure and the adapter (?) leaks like crazy.

What am I doing wrong?

HF is no help... 'Send it back.' Good advice but it's here and the

emitters
work and tubing is tubing and the plants don't care, so long as they get a
drink now & then.

Any help would be warmly appreciated.

-R.S.Hoover
-Vista, California

I assume you have checked to make sure there is a washer on the hose bib end
of the thing. Shaking it and or shocking it with sudden changes in water
pressuse may knock an internal part into place. Failing that, I would check
my local hardware store. Around here Lowes and Home Depot sell parts for
drip irrigation. Even one of Walmarts around here stocks a few parts.
Tearing it out and sending it back sound like more trouble than it is worth.
I must have about 40 drip units running in 2 lines off of a sprinkler system
timer and valves, and I love it. The only problem I have is the squirrells
who will chew throug tubing from time to time.

Old 31-07-2004, 11:24 PM
Vox Humana

"Veeduber" wrote in message
The only fitting in the kit that matches the threads of a standard hose

bib
appears to be some sort of anti-syphon valve. Screw things together,

apply
pressure and the adapter (?) leaks like crazy.

What am I doing wrong?

HF is no help... 'Send it back.' Good advice but it's here and the

emitters
work and tubing is tubing and the plants don't care, so long as they get a
drink now & then.

Any help would be warmly appreciated.

You can get about any drip irrigation product you might need he
http://www.dripirrigation.com/

I don't recall seeing a drip irrigation kit at Harbor Freight, but most of
their stuff is so cheap that you might be better off getting a complete new
kit just for the adaptor. Of course a person of low morals might get a new
kit, swap out the defective part, and return the thing to the store, noting
that the part was defective. Mind you, I don't think you should even
consider doing this.

Old 01-08-2004, 12:20 AM
JMagerl

I opted for the dripworks starter kit ($32.00).
http://www.dripworks.com/store/store...html&mainFrame

I saw the HF kit and at $6.49 I took a pass. Didn't inclusde a filter to
keep the emitters from getting plugged. Neoprene tubing is not the most
durable. Here's link to it:
http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/cta...emnumber=46095.
Although $6 is hard to pass up .

Old 01-08-2004, 02:54 AM
Father Haskell

Veeduber wrote:

The only fitting in the kit that matches the threads of a standard hose bib
appears to be some sort of anti-syphon valve. Screw things together, apply
pressure and the adapter (?) leaks like crazy.

Buy a new checkvalve, plumbing section, HD, less than $10.00.

Old 01-08-2004, 03:02 PM
Roy

I bet the other threads that are leaking are NPT threads. Its commn
and other manufacturers have adapaters, such as anti syphon and hole
adapter, filte etc to be hose threads and or pipe threads. All the
washers and thread sealant tape in the world is not gonna make a hose
thread adapt to a pipe thread.....then again you say its a Horrible
Fright kit, so with that in mind most any kind of thread is possible
from that company. As cheap as drip irrigation systems are, why did
you choose HF for a source when prices are reasonable and cheap at
major home building supply stores and online. There are perhaps 6 or
8 companies and if you do your homework, and read their online manuals
as to what fittings are and how they are sized, its a simple matter to
assemble drip irrigation and have it work..........all without leaks.
I had no input whatsoever.
Remove "nospam" from email addy.

[IMG] code is On

More Harbor Freight Sucks.... Gareee© Ponds 7 03-07-2004 01:02 AM
Harbor Freight..(easy to make lights) Ponds 5 04-06-2004 01:05 AM
Harbor Freight.. sucks! Gareee© Ponds 27 01-06-2004 05:10 PM
Online pump/light resource?(Harbor Freight) Mike Bernardoni Ponds 5 25-05-2004 04:09 AM
Online pump/light resource? Harbor freight?? Gareee© Ponds 0 21-05-2004 12:07 AM