Old 31-07-2004, 11:18 PM
Sunflower

Default How Often Can I Apply Epsom Salts for Blue Spruce?

"Tony Sivori" wrote in message
news
I have read on these newsgroups that one teaspoon of Epsom salt mixed in a
gallon of water will help blue evergreens to be extra blue. I apply the
teaspoon of Epsom salt dissolved in a gallon of water, then I water
generously. It does work, they are nice and blue.

My question is how often can I apply the Epsom salts to small (young) blue
spruce bushes without overdoing it?

--
Tony Sivori

What does your soil test tell you about the magnesium level of your soil?
Without knowing that, you shouldn't be applying epsom salts at all. Many
areas of the country already have almost toxic proportions of magnesium
present in the soil, and continually adding more will end up poisoning the
plants and the soil.