Old 01-08-2004, 12:20 AM
JMagerl

Default Help! -- Harbor Freight drip irrigation kit

I opted for the dripworks starter kit ($32.00).
http://www.dripworks.com/store/store...html&mainFrame

I saw the HF kit and at $6.49 I took a pass. Didn't inclusde a filter to
keep the emitters from getting plugged. Neoprene tubing is not the most
durable. Here's link to it:
http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/cta...emnumber=46095.
Although $6 is hard to pass up .

"Vox Humana" wrote in message

"Veeduber" wrote in message
The only fitting in the kit that matches the threads of a standard hose

bib
appears to be some sort of anti-syphon valve. Screw things together,

apply
pressure and the adapter (?) leaks like crazy.

What am I doing wrong?

HF is no help... 'Send it back.' Good advice but it's here and the

emitters
work and tubing is tubing and the plants don't care, so long as they get

drink now & then.

Any help would be warmly appreciated.

You can get about any drip irrigation product you might need he
http://www.dripirrigation.com/

I don't recall seeing a drip irrigation kit at Harbor Freight, but most of
their stuff is so cheap that you might be better off getting a complete

new
kit just for the adaptor. Of course a person of low morals might get a

new
kit, swap out the defective part, and return the thing to the store,

noting
that the part was defective. Mind you, I don't think you should even
consider doing this.