Old 28-07-2004, 09:41 PM
Wil

Default Unhappy Hydrangea

"Fleemo" wrote in message
om...
Early this spring, I received a potted hydrangea as a gift. After its
blooms faded, I planted it in the garden in a fairly shady spot.
However, it has not seemed very happy, and has developed yellowed
leaves and brown spots. (See photo at
http://www.inhouzemusic.com/z/hydrangea.html ) Any suggestions on how
to make this hydrangea happy again?

Your hydrangea may be a bit confused as to what season it is and now it may
wnat to go to sleep until next season. There is a good chance that it was
"forced" into bloom artifically, The picture does not look all that bad.
You can give it a light application of balanced fertilizer 10-10-10 or
similar. But don't think that fertilizer is better. If you have already
fertilized it, don't fertilize more. Hydrangeas like water, make sure it
doesn't get bone dry. Give it some time and next year it may be great for
you.

Wil