Old 02-08-2004, 12:17 PM
Cereus-validus

Default Identify wildflower?

What knowledge? Your description is inadequate for identification. A picture
would be more informative.

"Dan Hartung" wrote in message
We have some lovely volunteers in a driveway/sidewalk crack. Twice we've
tried to transplant without success. We have two more specimens we've
left alone but they're in a vulnerable area.

The plant grows handily out of concrete cracks among many less-desirable
weeds. We're in unglaciated S Wisconsin.

It has a lavender or violet flower that is presently in bloom. The
maximum height of any specimen we have is about 12". The leaves are
unlike anything I can find in any references, online or in print. They
resemble the toothed geranium leaf, but they have three distinct fingers
or lobes each with teeth only at the end.

Anyway, having this knowledge, any tips on getting the survivors to safe
ground?