Old 28-07-2004, 10:48 PM
Xi Wang

Default Couple of Phalaenopsis

As I understand it, keiki is a Hawaiian term meaning little one. And it
applies to baby plants produced from any part of a plant. Good luck
with your repotting efforts.

Cheers,
Xi

Elena wrote:
"Xi Wang" ha scritto nel messaggio

Well, it all depends on what you want. If you want size, then keep them
together. I have had a couple of orchids with keikis, and I always
separate them, and haven't had any problems yet.

I thought keikis were only the new plants born on stems...my second Phal. is
born from the base (the roots are inside the pot, not outside).
Anyway, I think I will be more confident with a "global repotting" (among
other things, it's the first time I try to repot my Phals !) :-)

like to know I have a clone of it somewhere. But I'm just a beginner,
so take all my advice with a grain of salt.

Well, I'm quite a beginner too :-)

Cheers

Elena