Old 03-08-2004, 12:25 AM
do not spam

Default Mushy Peaches

TQ wrote:

"do not spam" "do not wrote in message
news:TzuPc.21798$1o.21576@fed1read06...
| I have two peach trees in my backyard here in Las Vegas, NV. One of them
| had its fruit ripen earlier than the other and had no fruit quality
| problems. My second and bigger peach tree is now getting ripe fruit.
| This fruit is bigger. However, about 60 percent of the fruit is rotten.
| I estimate about 60 percent of the fruit is affected. There are
| various sized external "rot holes or just surface indications of it
| being rotten. The fruit is soft and very mushy inside and is an off
| color inside. Any ideas as to what is causing this?
|
| Jerry
|
| Here is a link to pictures of some bad peaches of this tree:
|
| http://members.cox.net/jcjacques/peach/badpeach.html

Is the damage on the same side of every fruit? If so, does this side face
south? The damage could be sun scald.

Could also be anthracnose...
http://tfpg.cas.psu.edu/part2/part22aa.htm

..or brown rot...
http://tfpg.cas.psu.edu/part2/part22am.htm

TQ,

The second link describes my problem tree well and believe that is what
is happening with my tree.. I doubt it is sun burn as it is happening
to peaches well shaded all day. Thanks for the links - I'll take it the
precautions the link suggested.

Jerry J