Old 03-08-2004, 06:30 AM
MrChaos007

Default looking for blueberry bushes, vines for new garden area

Blueberries like very acidic soil which we do NOT have. You will need to
invest alot into a special bed to acidify the soil and maintain its low
pH. Most blueberries are very hard to keep alive here. Try to find some
for more alkaline soil and that should help. Contact The Natural
Gardner, Texas AM or the county extension agent they may know of the
right varieties that will have a chance of growing here.

Muscadines will do fine here. At least mine do!

Dave
www.gardensoftheancients.com

Stan wrote:

Looking for some cheap blueberry bushes and muscadine/grape vines.
Wanting to start a garden preserve. Know spring is the best time...
Moving to an area outside Austin where we'll have room for a garden.
Thanks.