Old 03-08-2004, 08:26 PM
Matthew Durkin

Default Prickley Cucumbers

"Sue S" wrote in message
My cucumbers have got prickles, am I right in thinking that this is the
plants way of protecting it's fruit and as they grow, they iron themselves
out? Or do I have dodgy fruit?

thanks

--
Kind regards

Sue

you have a prickly variety! There are many different types of cucumber and
some are quiet prickly. Don't worry it's quite normal! I have grown some
that were prickly once - perfectly tasty though! I actually bought some
quite prickly ones in Portugal a few weeks ago. Perhaps it's just us brits
that like them smooth. It does make one think of the BFG... what was it?
Snozcumber?
:O)