Old 04-08-2004, 12:39 AM
charliekilo

Default Crepe Myrtle problem

I have a medium sized Crepe Myrtle that has been blooming quite well and
still is but, all of the leaves are turning red then brown and dropping like
the would in the fall. As I mentioned - the blooms keep coming. Right now
the tree, except for the blooms, looks like it usually does at the end of
November. The Crepe Myrtle is in shallow top soil over rock and well
drained.

As a side note: I realize the most trees and shrubs expire but if I stand
under this tree/shrub even on the hottest day it feels as if it's raining.
For example today, which got very near 100 degrees, my sidewalk which runs
underneath part of the tree, was wet from the drips coming from the Crepe
Myrtle. Is this usual?