Old 04-08-2004, 02:47 AM
NetMax

Default hardness questions

"Brian" wrote in message
Did some water testing today, which I do very infrequently. My

carbonate
hardness is only 3 degrees; no surprise there, I have plants to take up
carbon in the water. But my general hardness was off the scale. Then I
tested the tap water, and it was, too. I use a small amount of Seachem
Discus buffer, but I only cut the pH to about 7.0.

Is my hardness test so old it doesn't work anymore, or do I have a
problem?

Brian Heller

Without knowing your water change routine and your real source water
parameters, it's hard to comment. The fact that you are buffering your
water and chemically reducing your pH doesn't help with any diagnostics
either. Sorry.
--
www.NetMax.tk