Old 04-08-2004, 02:47 AM
NetMax

Default hardness questions

"Brian" wrote in message
Did some water testing today, which I do very infrequently. My

carbonate
hardness is only 3 degrees; no surprise there, I have plants to take up
carbon in the water. But my general hardness was off the scale. Then I
tested the tap water, and it was, too. I use a small amount of Seachem
Discus buffer, but I only cut the pH to about 7.0.

Is my hardness test so old it doesn't work anymore, or do I have a
problem?

Brian Heller

Without knowing your water change routine and your real source water
parameters, it's hard to comment. The fact that you are buffering your
water and chemically reducing your pH doesn't help with any diagnostics
either. Sorry.
--
www.NetMax.tk

Old 07-08-2004, 08:51 PM
Allyb

I just had a hardness test go bad. I knew it was bad when I tested reverse
osmosis water and it said it was off the chart hard. The old worn out
solution looked orange in the bottle, and the new one (same brand) looked
green. They definitely can wear out! Allison

Is my hardness test so old it doesn't work anymore, or do I have a
problem?

Brian Heller

GH and total hardness TEACHSKIP Freshwater Aquaria Plants 1 29-03-2004 03:43 PM
GH and total hardness TEACHSKIP Freshwater Aquaria Plants 0 29-03-2004 04:13 AM
Hardness Test Kits R&B Thomas Ponds 2 04-07-2003 02:08 AM
Greg/jan/others - H2O Hardness indicated, help was Strange Koi behavior, now dead. K30a Ponds 1 18-05-2003 06:44 AM
Water Hardness and plant growth [email protected] Freshwater Aquaria Plants 2 20-04-2003 06:13 AM