Old 04-08-2004, 05:20 AM
B & J

Default Mushy Peaches

"Steve" wrote in message

B & J wrote:

Your peaches have brown rot, a common fungal disease of

peaches/nectarines.
It's one of the prime reasons why peaches are so difficult to raise in

our
humid climate.......................

In Las Vegas????

BTW, Steve, did you check out the pictures he sent and those on the web site
I suggested? I don't know what it's called in Las Vesgas or where you live,
but it still looks like the brown rot where I live. G It does seem a bit
strange that it appear on peaches in Las Vegas, which is why I asked about
recent rain. Evidently there wasn't any rain recently, but according to
Jerry there was an unusually wet spring and under such circumstances a
regular spraying program to prevent brown rot is required as soon as the
peaches set. IMHO, raising peaches is a big pain. Apples or pears are far
easier.

John