Old 29-07-2004, 05:28 PM
Bob Hobden

Default Thanks and a question!

"Sacha" wrote in reply to,
"Helen" :

Thanks for telling me about this ng! I thought "free uk gardening" was

the
only gardening ng.!!

My pleasure.

Can someone please tell my why my tulips won't flower? I was told told

put them in the fridge for a few weeks before planting them, which I did

(
only to lose one , which someone chopped up, thinking it was an onion!);

but
they still won't flower. Any hints?
Helen

Helen, are you posting from Australia? If so, it might be worth your

while
emailing a company like Blooms at Bressingham to ask them for advice on
planting in your climate. They have a lot of bulbs from van Tubergen, an
excellent Dutch bulb supplier. http://www.bressinghamgardens.com/

I would have thought that most of Australia had weather a bit on the hot
and/or dry side for Tulips outside, are you trying to grow them in pots?

How did the meal turn out with Tulip instead of onion? :-)

And for those that are about to say this is a UK type climate only group,
with the way we are getting warmer this may be a problem for some/all of us
in a couple of years. So if Blooms give you an answer let us know Helen.
--
Regards
Bob