Old 29-07-2004, 01:27 AM
Helen

Default Thanks and a question!

Thanks for telling me about this ng! I thought "free uk gardening" was the
only gardening ng.!!
Can someone please tell my why my tulips won't flower? I was told told to
put them in the fridge for a few weeks before planting them, which I did (
only to lose one , which someone chopped up, thinking it was an onion!); but
they still won't flower. Any hints?
Helen

Old 29-07-2004, 01:37 AM
Tumbleweed

"Helen" wrote in message
u...
Thanks for telling me about this ng! I thought "free uk gardening" was the
only gardening ng.!!
Can someone please tell my why my tulips won't flower? I was told told

put them in the fridge for a few weeks before planting them, which I did (
only to lose one , which someone chopped up, thinking it was an onion!);

but
they still won't flower. Any hints?
Helen

Where do you buy them from?

--
Tumbleweed

tumbleweednews at hotmail dot com

Old 29-07-2004, 06:26 AM
Franz Heymann

"Helen" wrote in message
u...
Thanks for telling me about this ng! I thought "free uk gardening"

was the
only gardening ng.!!
Can someone please tell my why my tulips won't flower? I was told

told to
put them in the fridge for a few weeks before planting them, which I

did (
only to lose one , which someone chopped up, thinking it was an

onion!); but
they still won't flower. Any hints?

This is a funny season to ask about tulips flowering. {:-))
When did you plant them?
When did you expect them to flower?
Did they grow any leaves at all?

Franz

Old 29-07-2004, 10:10 AM
Sacha

On 29/7/04 1:27, in article ,
"Helen" wrote:

Thanks for telling me about this ng! I thought "free uk gardening" was the
only gardening ng.!!
Can someone please tell my why my tulips won't flower? I was told told to
put them in the fridge for a few weeks before planting them, which I did (
only to lose one , which someone chopped up, thinking it was an onion!); but
they still won't flower. Any hints?
Helen

Helen, are you posting from Australia? If so, it might be worth your while
emailing a company like Blooms at Bressingham to ask them for advice on
planting in your climate. They have a lot of bulbs from van Tubergen, an
excellent Dutch bulb supplier. http://www.bressinghamgardens.com/

--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk

Old 29-07-2004, 05:28 PM
Bob Hobden

"Sacha" wrote in reply to,
"Helen" :

Thanks for telling me about this ng! I thought "free uk gardening" was

the
only gardening ng.!!

My pleasure.

(
only to lose one , which someone chopped up, thinking it was an onion!);

but
they still won't flower. Any hints?
Helen

Helen, are you posting from Australia? If so, it might be worth your

while
emailing a company like Blooms at Bressingham to ask them for advice on
planting in your climate. They have a lot of bulbs from van Tubergen, an
excellent Dutch bulb supplier. http://www.bressinghamgardens.com/

I would have thought that most of Australia had weather a bit on the hot
and/or dry side for Tulips outside, are you trying to grow them in pots?

How did the meal turn out with Tulip instead of onion? :-)

And for those that are about to say this is a UK type climate only group,
with the way we are getting warmer this may be a problem for some/all of us
in a couple of years. So if Blooms give you an answer let us know Helen.
--
Regards
Bob

Old 31-07-2004, 05:41 AM
Helen

--Well, I have emailed the Blooms family, and am intersted to see their

reply. Luckily I was out when the family had tulip stir fry!!!! They all
still look quite well though - which is more than I can say for my tulips

Old 31-07-2004, 05:41 AM
Helen