Old 04-08-2004, 09:38 PM
David Kotschessa

Default My Tomatoes are red!

On Wed, 4 Aug 2004, Doug Kanter wrote:

If the weather stays warm, maybe a day or two. Incidentally, they're a
little tangier when they're just shy of red, which makes them GREAT for
making a fresh tomato sauce. Sautee some garlic & onions very slowly with
olive oil, until they're almost melting. Toss in a little white wine, some
black pepper, some basil or rosemary, and then the halved tomatoes near the
end, for maybe 5 minutes. Serve over linguine with some shrimp or slices of
grilled chicken breast, or tuna. Throw in some green olives with the
tomatoes, if you like them. To die for.

soon as I clean the drool off my keyboard. teehee

I just happen to HAVE some angel hair, a prolific basil plant, and shrimp.
The garlic was getting a bit old so I stuck it in the garden. I have an
elephant garlic in there now, wondering if I can use some of the (HUGE)
leaves.

"David Kotschessa" wrote in message

My first tomato plants ever (large cherry) which have grown out of their
cage and taken over 4 square foot of my square foot garden (but i'm not
really complaining) are red. They were pinkish a few days ago. How long
till I can pick and eat the little yummy buggers?