Old 05-08-2004, 12:04 AM
GoldLexus

Default How to fix leak????LARGER & NEW PICTURES

"how" wrote in message
Hi,
In your pic 'leakywaterfall001a-vi.jpg' the concrete wall is very wet,

this
was pointed out by Gofig. One drop of water a second is approximately 1.66
gallons per day or 11.5 gallons a week and there is a lot more than one

drop
per second keeping that wall wet. It is obvious that some water is 'going
over this wall' also. You could find where this splash is originating and
redirect it with stones, etc.

It is redirected. Here is an updated link to the pictures (rather than use
the fotki album which shrinks the pictures. I made a quick web page so the
pictures are larger and added some more pictures to help get a better idea
of what is going on) http://mysite.verizon.net/res7js4r/Leakywaterfall.htm
Like I mention on the web page both concrete walls are wet. The water is way
over on the right side of the falls but there is no leak there. The concrete
wall is wet, the ground above it is damp but not saturated and the area
beside the pond bone dry (unlike the lift side which has a major puddle
now).

Question - Is there liner under and behind this wall? If not then the leak
may be somewhere in the interface between the concrete wall and the rocks
below it. I am assuming the liner is under the rocks but to eliminate

leaks
in this area it would have to be behind the wall also.

The liner is under the concrete wall.

Question - Basins on the waterfall have been mentioned, are these actually
small 'ponds' I.E. will hold water with the pump off? If this is the case

do
they stay full when the pump is off?

The basin is more of a landing. Water collects but quickly washes over the
edge.

Hope the new web page will help see better the problem. We are turning off
the fall soon once we get a temp. pump/filter to keep our fish happy. It is
losing water very fast now, it was about 5-6 inches in 24 hrs. but I think
is getting to be close to 8 inches per 24 hrs. Also need to let it dry out
to repair it. We just want to make sure we find the actually problem and fix
it correctly. Everyone here is so helpful and knowledgable I am sure we will
nail this down.

"GoldLexus" wrote in message
We have tried using the greatstuff in that area and it seemed to work

for
6
weeks. But than the leak came back with a vengence. Either we didn't

'dam'
it up well enough or the greatstuff failed. Being as the greatstuff

worked
for 6 weeks makes me think we are on the right track at the source of

the
leak.
snip

HTH -_- how