Old 05-08-2004, 05:05 AM
GoldLexus

Default How to fix leak????LARGER & NEW PICTURES

Thanks for your respone, it gives us something to look at.
We can rule out any problem with the plumbing, all plumbing is on the
opposite (right side) side of the pond.
Yes there is water in the pebbles that is where all the water is going that
is leaking.
In picture 2 & 3 (same location different angles) you can see at the bottom
of the concrete wall along the rocks it is wet, that wettness follows all
the way to the grassy area in pic. 4 there I see a puddle and mud, the water
proceeds between to two stones in pic. 4 and puddles up in the pebbles. That
is where it is a absolute wet mess.
As for the liner, it looks like it doesn't not go behind the falls but I can
say for sure. The concrete wall is sitting on the liner along the sides.
We are going to turn off the falls, let everything dry out than try some
'bucket tests' to see if that will help nail our problem down.
I think you are right tho' that the ledge above the log is suspect. I will
let you know what we find out.

"how" wrote in message
"GoldLexus" wrote in message
snips
It is redirected.

http://mysite.verizon.net/res7js4r/Leakywaterfall.htm
Like I mention on the web page both concrete walls are wet. The water is

way
over on the right side of the falls but there is no leak there. The

concrete
wall is wet, the ground above it is damp but not saturated and the area
beside the pond bone dry (unlike the left side which has a major puddle
now).

The basin is more of a landing. Water collects but quickly washes over

the
edge.

Hi,
How many gallons in the pond?
You did not answer whether or not there is liner behind the entire
waterfall. You may know this already but in an ideal setup there is a

liner
that would direct any water that gets behind the falls back into the pond.
Also you said that there was liner under the wall, does it rise up behind
the wall or is the wall just on top of it? There may be a couple of leaks

in
this setup because the water on the pebbles (pic 4) appears higher than

the
ponds water level. This is a strong indication that the fall and or the
plumbing is leaking. Also the area that you foamed before is below this,
correct?
(Two leaks???)
The first thing I would do is with a submersible pump and tubing, pump

water
to the top of the fall with the pond shut down. This will eliminate a leak
in the plumbing which is a real possibility. If the leak stops replace
plumbing, if not back to square one.
The 'basin' above the wood edged one is suspicious, you can see moisture
above the concrete wall in pic 2 (from top). This could be water drifting
behind the falls.
If you get to mortaring, use hydraulic cement instead. It is harder to use
because it cures in minutes (make small batches and when all else fails,
read the directions ;-) ) but is waterproof. Can even be used underwater.
WEAR gloves.
HTH -_- how
no NEWS is good