Old 02-08-2004, 06:53 PM
Benign Vanilla

Default Need construction advice on new pond

"Deb" wrote in message
I live in NW Ohio, only 100 yds from the south shore of Lake Erie. We
put in a tiny pond a few months ago and are planning on putting a
larger pond in this fall. Since we're in the flood plane I plan on
building the sides of the pond up with 2 courses of concrete block and
then bank dirt around the sides for a more natural look. The top of
the pond will be above the highest flood level (so far), but I'm
concerned about ground water. When the lake level rises, so does the
water table. I plan on using EDPM liner. Will the liner bubble up
when the water table rises? Suggestions?

Funny, small world. I am from MD, and this past Saturday. I was staning in
lake Erie.

BV.