Old 06-08-2004, 01:38 AM
Katra

Default Webworms II

In article , wc wrote:

I've got 'webworms' in a pecan tree, I've noticed a few "nests" in a few
surrounding trees also. I tried the suggested (here a few weeks ago)
method of just tearing apart the web 'nest' with a long stick (a pole
saw in my case) and hoping the birds would come take care of the rest.

It looks like they've rebuilt the destruction I did, I never saw a bird
come by and there are other 'nests' too high in the tree to reach with a
long pole.

They seem to be doing a fair amount of damage to this tree, what else
can I do? My dad used to make a flaming torch and burn the buggers out,
but that seems almost as destructive...

Suggestions?

Powerhose with a dispensor full of dish detergent.

Or so I've heard...

The other option is to prune and cut them down and burn the suckers.

K.

--
Sprout the Mung Bean to reply...