Old 01-08-2004, 03:23 AM
Mike Patterson

Default Dumb question about water level and rain

On Sun, 01 Aug 2004 01:17:12 GMT, "RichToyBox"
wrote:

It is possible that you are having water run under the liner lifting the
liner during heavy rains, and then as the water is able to percolate down
into the ground, the liner subsides back to its original location, leaving
the pond level lower than before the rain. If the water level is higher
than the surrounding ground level, the weight of the water in the pond will
hold the liner down, preventing the water from building up under the liner.
If you are experiencing this, then a trench around the pond to divert the
runoff would be beneficial.

I ditto this one, as I had exactly the same problem. I placed several
large flat rocks with rounded edges in the bottom of the pond and have
not had the problem since.

Mike Patterson
Please remove the spamtrap to email me.
"I always wanted to be somebody. I should have been more specific..."