Old 31-07-2004, 06:40 PM
Pam Moore

Default Japanese Maple

On Sat, 31 Jul 2004 12:01:08 GMT, "Ben Blackmore"
wrote:

When we moved into our house there was a Japanese Maple left in a pot in the
garden, however the leaves have all gone curly and crispy, I think its been
left in direct sun light. Is there any hope for it? What should I do? Prune
it, or just leave it in the shade somewhere?

I would not prune it, or feed it, except with 0;10;10 or tomato feed.
Yes, move it to the shade, water it, and be patient.
If you feed it any nitrogen it might put on new fresh growth now, but
it is a bit late in the year for that and soft shoots might start to
die back.
It may lose all its leaves and not show any signs of life until next
year.........or it may be beyond hope. Be optimistic and you may be
lucky. It depends on how long it had been neglected.

Pam in Bristol