Old 03-08-2004, 02:31 PM
Wendy

Default In need of help

Ivor, for starters, here is a URL for abbreviations. Not sure how authentic
it is, but I have used it.
http://www.notsogreenthumb.org/orchi.../genera1.htm#A

I think the names that start with a P. in your list are
Phalaenopsis.
Usually P. = Paphiopedalum
These two are easy to differentiate.
Hope this helps & will copy your list to edit.
Cheers Wendy

On 2 Aug 2004 04:13:31 -0700, Ivor wrote:

Hi I am a newbie in the orchid game and was just donated a collection
of 69 not so healthy orchids.

My problem is this...

... while seem to have been able to find out most of the information
about my orchids, they are all labled accept 10, some of the orchid
labels make absolutly no sense to me. I have got the justs of how to
recognise a dendrobium to a cattleya and so on, but these few make no
sense.

I was wondering if there was any one out there willing to let me email
the list to them privately and together we could attempt to make heads
or tails of it.

I would appreciate as much respons as possible to this and look
forward to future chats with this group.

If any one on this list is from Durban/ Pietermaritzburg in South
Africa, PLEASE contact me as I might have a small business oppertunity
for you.

Thanks
Ivor