Old 06-08-2004, 09:23 PM
Ted Shoemaker

Default How to persuade fuchsia to grow better?

Hello,

I have a fuchsia (the tag says "Fuchsia Diva pink/purple") in a hanging
pot in semi-shade. The potting soil is Miracle-Gro. I have been
following what directions I know about growing fuchsias. (I.e.: Keep
the soil moist.)

My question is: How can I persuade this plant to grow better? It's
still short and wimpy. If it's too late this year, at least I can know
what to do better next year.

I live in Madison, Wisconsin, USA, in zone 4 or 5. I have no
greenhouse. So we're talking about fuchsia as an annual.

I am not a skilled gardener. If all farmers had my knack with plants,
the world would starve. All advice will be appreciated.

Thank you.

Ted Shoemaker